Exam Farm Community
January 21, 2022, 03:15:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Pass the PMP Exam  (Read 2927 times)
msdn

« on: December 22, 2010, 08:02:55 pm »

How to Pass the PMP Exam

Pass the PMP (Project Management Professional) Exam on your first try using these simple techniques.

#

Acquire Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, Sixth Edition book

Good Sources for acquiring the book are:

Colleagues
Library
Amazon.com
#

Read one chapter a night and answer the chapter review questions
#

Once you have completed the book, take your first PMP practice exam. Calculate your score to see if you passed the 61% mark.

I recommend the Headfirst PMP Exam (see resource links below)

If you passed, Congratulations!!! but do not rush to take the exam yet, there are still some steps to follow. If you didn't, don't worry, I didn't pass my first practice exam either, but I still went on to pass the real exam on my first try.
#

Re-read Rita Mulcahy's Exam Prep book using the same method of covering one chapter a night and answering the review questions.

Pay close attention to the sections you didn't do so strongly in.
#

Take your second PMP Practice exam.

I recommend pmstudy.com's free practice exam (see resource links below). This is the closest, free exam I could find that actually simulates the real exam. Upon completion, it will calculate your score and identify the knowledge areas that may need more study.

Note: This exam is only available for 1 day so don't sign up for it unless you are ready to take it.
#

On the same day of taking your second exam, access your exam results and print out the entire exam. You may need to use print screen shots into MS Word or literally copy and paste the text. This way you can have a hard copy for more than 1 day.
#

Place a * by the questions you answered incorrectly and study these questions.
#

Register and take the real PMP exam within 2 weeks of taking your second practice exam.
#

Go out and celebrate passing the PMP Certification exam!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: